Thursday, August 20, 2020

covid comes to town

Another media disaster is that the covid hit Cloudcroft, and nobody knew. Now in this kind of media disaster I think we can call it a disaster, since human lives could be at stake. Everyone knows covid kills, everyone knows how it works, nobody doubted it would get here someday - but when it did, what happened?

Actually the I LOVE CLOUDCROFT facebook site had it and handled it pretty well. It's the third site, after the Community site and the 700 site. On the Community site, which I would say is the main one (most followers), a post about it was simply deleted. Too controversial? It could be that everything even mentioning the coronavirus was drawing blood at this particular site.

But that left us with almost nobody. The fact is, we don't really have a media outlet on the mountain. And I'm not sure I want to start one, though I could possibly save lives.

People need to know this stuff. They don't need to know who brought it, or any of those details - but to be left totally in the dark, that's not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment